Information for Students from Japan
歓迎! Welcome to the country page for Japan which contains specific information for Japanese students interested in studying at UCFB Wembley.
We would be very happy to answer any questions that you may have about applying to and studying at UCFB
Tel: +44(0)333 2417 333
Visits to your Country
The Student Recruitment team regularly travels overseas to meet prospective students. The team attends education exhibitions, arranges visits to schools and universities, as well as presentations and individual counselling sessions for prospective students, applicants and offer holders.
For more information on upcoming trips please contact email@example.com.
The below are guidelines only and do not guarantee entry. Each application will be judged on its own merits.
- Holders of UKA-Levels or the International Baccalaureate Diploma. See our online prospectus for entry requirements;
- Senmoshi (Technical Associate degree): Senmongakko graduates can be eligible for direct entry to undergraduate programmes, depending on the subject;
- Jungakushi (Associate degree) graduates can be eligible for direct entry to undergraduate programmes depending on the subject.
Those applicants who do not meet the above entry requirements or would like to improve their English language before studying for a degree, could consider applying for one of the foundation years.
English Language Proficiency
Applicants whose first language is not English will normally have to provide evidence of their English language proficiency. IELTS for UKVI score 6.0 with minimum 5.5 in each subsection.
UCAS deadline is 15th January 2018 and we would encourage you to apply as early as possible. If applying after the deadline please speak to a member of our International team who can advise you further as international applications can still be accepted after this deadline. 0333 241 7425
UCFB Wembley offers a range of scholarships and awards to support students. For more information please visit scholarships and bursaries.
Students must hold a good Bachelors/Gakushi Degree with an average of 65% /CGPA 2.7 or above (although please see note on AA (A+) Grading systems below) AND have completed at least 64 credits (out of 120 -140) in the major subject where relevant background required.
English Language Proficiency
Applicants whose first language is not English will normally have to provide evidence of their English language proficiency. IELTS for UKVI score 6.5 with minimum 6.0 in each subsection.
How to apply
- The British Council is the British Government’s international organization for educational and cultural relations. Their website is designed for those seeking information and advice on education and contemporary arts in the UK;
- Education UK is produced by the British Council to help international students interested in a UK course or qualification;
- UKCISA – The UK Council for International Students Affairs provides information on many aspects of studying overseas, including visas and working while studying;
- The UK Visa & Immigration service also has up to date information on immigration and visa requirements;
- UCAS – The Universities and Colleges Admission Service is the body through which all applications for undergraduate study must be made.