Information for Students from Malaysia
Welcome to the country page for Malaysia which contains specific information for Malaysian students interested in studying at UCFB.
We would be very happy to answer any questions that you may have about applying to and studying at UCFB
Tel: +44(0)333 2417 333
Visits to your Country
The Student Recruitment team regularly travels overseas to meet prospective students. The team attends education exhibitions, arranges visits to schools and universities, as well as presentations and individual counselling sessions for prospective students, applicants and offer holders.
Contact us at email@example.com for more information on our upcoming trips.
The below are guidelines only and do not guarantee entry. Each application will be judged on its own merits.
Students must have passed the SPM (Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia – Malaysia Certificate of Education) or equivalent with minimum grades of C/6 AND one of the following:
- A Levels;
- Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia qualification, (STPM). Applicants with equivalent grades to A Level in three of the five subjects with Grades A-D or CGPA 2.00 will be considered for admission to Level 1 of undergraduate programmes;
- Malaysian Independent Chinese Secondary School (MICSS). Applicants need the following: 5 Unified Examinations Centre (UEC) subjects at minimum B5, including Maths and English, excluding Chinese. For sciences these 5 subjects must include 2 science subjects;
- Pre-U Canadian Matriculation – Ontario – Secondary School Diploma with at least 70% in 6 4U or 4M Courses;
- SAM (South Australia Matriculation) or AUSMAT (Australian Matriculation). These are one-year to one and a half years pre-university matriculation programmes. Students who have passed would meet the requirements for SACE (South Australian Certificate of Education) and thus qualify for an ATAR score. Students with only Record of Achievement have not been awarded SACE. The required ATAR score is 67%;
- A recognised Pre-University or foundation programme.
Those applicants who do not meet the above entry requirements or would like to improve their English language before studying for a degree, could consider applying for one of the foundation years.
English Language Proficiency
Applicants whose first language is not English will normally have to provide evidence of their English language proficiency. IELTS for UKVI score 6.0 with minimum 5.5 in each subsection.
UCFB Wembley offers a range of scholarships and awards to support students. For more information please visit scholarships and bursaries.
How to Apply
If applying via UCAS, select school: U10 and quote campus code W for Wembley.
UCAS deadline is 15th January 2018 and we would encourage you to apply as early as possible. If applying after the deadline please speak to Devina who can advise you further as international applications are accepted until 30th June 2018.
For more information about the UCAS system, visit www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/international/how-apply.
Direct applications from international students are also accepted. Please download and complete the application form, then return the completed form and relevant documents as instructed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students must hold a minimum of a Second Class Bachelors Degree or a degree with a CGPA 2.5 out of 4.0 from a Malaysian University. Many applicants will hold a UK qualification so would normally need a 2:2 or equivalent.
English Language Proficiency
Applicants whose first language is not English will normally have to provide evidence of their English language proficiency. IELTS for UKVI score 6.5 with minimum 6.0 in each subsection.
How to apply