Information for Students from Taiwan
Welcome to the country page for Taiwan which contains specific information for Taiwanese students interested in studying at UCFB Wembley.
We would be very happy to answer any questions that you may have about applying to and studying at UCFB
The below are guidelines only and do not guarantee entry. Each application will be judged on its own merits.
- Students who have passed the Senior High School Leaving Certificate with excellent results (As or Bs in all subjects) may be considered for direct entry to UCFB;
- Holders of UK A-Levels or the International Baccalaureate Diploma. See our online prospectus for entry requirements;
- Holders of the 5 year Junior College* Diploma (or a 2 year Diploma which is actually the final two years of the 5 year qualification) in a relevant subject with exceptional results may also be considered for advanced entry.
Those applicants who do not meet the above entry requirements or would like to improve their English language before studying for a degree, could consider applying for one of the foundation degrees offered at our academic partner Bucks New University.
English Language Proficiency
If English is not your first language you will also need to satisfy UCFB’s English language requirements:
- IELTS for UKVI 6.0 with minimum scores of 5.5 in each subsection.
UCFB Wembley offers a range of scholarships and awards to support students. For more information please visit scholarships and bursaries.
- A good 4 year Bachelors Degree from a national or recognised private university* with an overall average of 70% or above. Students from a private university* will be required to obtain 80% or above.
- A Junior College Diploma followed by a 2 year ‘top up degree’ from a national or recognised private university with an overall average of 70% or above. Students from a new private university will be required to obtain 80% or above.
English Language Proficiency
Applicants whose first language is not English will normally have to provide evidence of their English language proficiency. IELTS for UKVI score 6.5 with minimum 6.0 in each subsection, or recognised equivalent.
How to apply
Visits to your Country
The Student Recruitment team regularly travels overseas to meet prospective students. The team attends education exhibitions, arranges visits to schools and universities, as well as presentations and individual counselling sessions for prospective students, applicants and offer holders.
This page will be updated with details of our next visit to Taiwan.
Representatives in your Country
UCFB Wembley has developed an extensive overseas representative network offering enquirers and applicants a variety of services:
- Counselling in programmes of study and academic issues;
- Resources and information on courses, accommodation, finance, scholarships and life in London;
- Help with applying to the University and assistance throughout the application process;
- Assisting with the visa application process;
- Pre-departure briefings for students travelling to the UK.
Oxford Crown Education Consultants
8f-3 No.293 Sec 4 Zhongxiao East Road, Taipei City, Taiwan
电话/Tel: +886 (2) 2721 9636
- The British Council is the British Government’s international organization for educational and cultural relations. Their website is designed for those seeking information and advice on education and contemporary arts in the UK;
- Education UK is produced by the British Council to help international students interested in a UK course or qualification;
- UKCISA – The UK Council for International Students Affairs provides information on many aspects of studying overseas, including visas and working while studying;
- The UK Visa & Immigration service also has up to date information on immigration and visa requirements;
- UCAS – The Universities and Colleges Admission Service is the body through which all applications for undergraduate study must be made;
- The British Trade & Cultural Office in Taiwan may also be able to help you with information about travelling to the UK.