Academic Administrator (2 posts) – UCFB Etihad Campus
Location: UCFB Etihad Campus, Manchester
Salary: £21,000 – £24,000
Hours: Full time
Contract Type: Permanent
Closes: 28 June 2017
The successful candidates will provide general administrative support for the Academic Team.
- Maintain a range of data base systems to meet all anticipated requirements
- Co-ordination of the assessment procedures, coordinating and recording examination and assessment processes.
- Undertake reception duties on a rota basis, this will include working on the stadium reception desk, taking messages and directing queries to the correct department / section.
- Co-ordinating and recording internal verification processes, assisting in the preparation for external verification / examination boards
- Maintain accurate student records with details of supervision, assessments, transfers, suspensions, extension’s, withdrawals, submissions, employment on leaving and current addresses.
- Using information systems and preparing reports and statistics for internal and external use.
- Keep moodle and online methods of communication updated with information relevant to current UCFB students.
- Respond to queries from staff and students, drafting and interpreting regulations and dealing with queries.
- Update and monitor student attendance.
- Liaising with student services in order to support students with learning difficulties and students at risk
Working hours: Working hours normally 8.30 am – 5pm but may involve additional and unsocial working hours depending on the nature of the event and occasional travel between campus.
What we’re looking for
- Educated to degree level
- Experience in higher education administration
- Experience of working with students and academic staff
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative as well as having effective team skills
- Good interpersonal skills which demonstrate an ability to deal with individuals at many levels, internally and externally
- Knowledge of issues surrounding confidentiality and data protection
Click here to view the full, detailed job description and person specification.
All applications should be made to email@example.com addressed to the HR department with a full CV and covering letter (2 sides of A4 maximum) setting out your suitability for the role and motivation for joining our pioneering institution.