Assistant Careers Coach – UCFB Wembley Campus
Location: UCFB Wembley Campus
Salary: £22,000 – £24,000 (including London weighting) depending upon experience
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Closes: 4th February 2019
Assist the Careers Coach with the front line delivery of a friendly, professional, efficient and client focused IAG service, including organising careers fairs, to support student and alumni in career and employability development and related activities, signposting needs where appropriate and deliver an excellent student experience. Demonstrating a genuine commitment to excellent customer service and collaborative team-working, applicants will be expected to have proficient skills and experience in information, advice and guidance, work independently and be able to communicate effectively with staff, students, graduates and external visitors. The ability to understanding and report data.
• Be a point of contact for the Careers Service, and handling emails, phone calls, face to face (drop-in and pre booked appointments), social media and instant messaging services
• Provide front line delivery of a professional and client focused Careers Service to students, alumni and staff
• Maintain, as part of the Employability & Enrichment staff team, a range of data systems to meet all anticipated requirements
• Help produce, as part of the Careers Service team, a range of effective information and guidance resources that promote the Careers Service effectively to different client groups including guides, templates, newsletters, leaflets, posters and web-based materials. This will include maintaining Careers Service related social media or student communication channels
• Undertaking general administrative duties and support
• Liaise with Academic and professional service departments and third parties to provide a joined up service to students
• Deal with sensitive, confidential and personal student-related matters signposting and referring appropriately to relevant information sources and specialist services
• Maintain high levels of student satisfaction rates
• To undertake appropriate staff development and professional training in line with the business objectives of UCFB
• To work within the policies of Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities.
• To work flexibly and responsibly and undertake any other duties relevant to the level of the post
Working hours: Working hours normally 8.30 am – 5pm but may involve additional and unsocial working hours depending on the nature of the event and occasional travel between campus.
What we’re looking for
• NVQ Level 4 in IAG or Career Guidance or relevant qualification
• Experience of IAG service delivery, within a Careers & Employability context
• Experience interviewing individuals and groups of students and alumni
• Excellent communication skills
• Good time-keeping skills
• Ability to work on your initiative
• Effective team working skills
• Knowledge of issues surrounding confidentiality and data protection
• Ability to work alongside peers and academic staff
• Professional approach to work
• Organisational skills
• Attention to detail
Click here for a full detailed job description and person specification.
All applications should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to HR with a full CV and covering letter (2 sides of A4 maximum) setting out your suitability for the role and motivation for joining our pioneering institution.