Assistant Events Manager – UCFB Etihad Campus
Location: UCFB Etihad Campus
Salary: £27,000 – £30,000 depending upon experience
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Closes: 13th August 2018
UCFB are looking to recruit a proactive and ambitious Assistant Event Manager for its Etihad campus. You will be responsible for the production of student recruitment events, internal flagship student events and business development events, primarily at UCFB’s Etihad campus; however, support at UCFB Wembley Campus will also form part of the role. You will plan and deliver all UCFB events as allocated from conception through to completion, with consultation with the Events Manager.
You will be part of a hard-working and enthusiastic team and be an ambassador for UCFB at every opportunity. Some evening and weekend working will be required.
UCFB is a unique, exciting and expanding company; this role provides a real opportunity for the right candidate.
You will be a proactive person, capable of juggling task lists for multiple events and capable of working efficiently and delivering high volumes of work during busy periods. You will demonstrate strong written and verbal skills in order to handle customer enquiries professionally in writing, on the phone and face to face. You will have a professional event day manner, in order to represent UCFB effectively. You will thrive in an ever changing environment, flexing and adapting as required and be able to work largely unsupervised and on your own initiative.
- To schedule and deliver student recruitment events (Open Days & Taster Days) for undergraduate and postgraduate, alongside UCFB flagship student events (including but not limited to: Graduation, Careers Fair, Student Conference) and Business Development events (such as Kick it Out: Raise your Game), with a focus on Etihad Campus events
- To collaborate with Assistant Event Manager – Wembley, to ensure the calendar of events across campuses is planned together effectively. Per campus, there is currently around 15-20 events a year; however, the event calendar is growing all the time, with new partner events each year
- Some requirement to travel to other campuses to assist or cover event delivery
- To line manage a team of Recruitment & Events Coordinators and be responsible for managing the Recruitment & Events Coordinators workload and activities
- Management of CRM events system and communication via CRM. Ensure accuracy of data entry and communication with leads
- Liaising with the Recruitment teams to ensure recruitment events meet requirement and help to deliver targets
- Liaising with internal departments to deliver internal student events and ensure they deliver excellent student experience
- Produce detailed proposals for events e.g. timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing
- Ensuring legal, insurance, health and safety obligations are adhered to
- Coordinating venue management, caterers, contractors and equipment hire
- Organising facilities for car parking, traffic control, security, first aid and hospitality
Working hours: Working hours normally 8.30 am – 5pm but may involve additional and unsocial working hours depending on the nature of the event and occasional travel between campus.
What we’re looking for
• Events or Marketing related qualifications
• Degree at 2:1 minimum
• Minimum 5 years events experience in a sporting, conference or higher education institution
• Proven experience working within CRM management and deployment
• Experience in office administration
• Good level of computer literacy in Microsoft packages
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Ability to work on your own initiative
• Ability to multitask
• Ability to communicate with colleagues of all levels
Candidates should also not be subject to a Football Banning Order or any lawful prohibition on entering a football stadium in the UK
Click here for a full detailed job description and person specification.
All applications should be made to email@example.com addressed to HR with a full CV and covering letter (2 sides of A4 maximum) setting out your suitability for the role and motivation for joining our pioneering institution.