Assistant Events Manager – UCFB Wembley Campus
Location: UCFB Wembley Campus
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
UCFB are looking to recruit a proactive and ambitious Assistant Event Manager for its Wembley campus. You will be responsible for the production of student recruitment events, internal flagship student events and business development events, primarily at UCFB’s Wembley campus; however, support at UCFB Etihad Campus will also form part of the role. You will plan and deliver all UCFB events as allocated from conception through to completion, with consultation with the Events Manager.
You will be part of a hard-working and enthusiastic team and be an ambassador for UCFB at every opportunity. Some evening and weekend working will be required.
UCFB is a unique, exciting and expanding company; this role provides a real opportunity for the right candidate.
- To schedule and deliver student recruitment events (Open Days & Taster Days) for undergraduate and postgraduate, alongside UCFB flagship student events (including but not limited to: Graduation, Careers Fair, Student Conference) and Business Development events (such as Kick it Out: Raise your Game), with a focus on Wembley Campus events
- To line manage a team of Recruitment & Events Coordinators and manage their workload and activities
- Understanding Recruitment administrative support, delivered by the Recruitment & Events Coordinators. A willingness to be ‘hands-on’ whenever required.
- Management of CRM events system and communication via CRM. Ensure accuracy of data entry and communication with leads
- Liaising with the Recruitment teams to ensure recruitment events meet requirement and help to deliver targets
- Liasing with internal departments to deliver internal student events and ensure they deliver excellent student experience
- Produce detailed proposals for events e.g. timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing
- Ensuring legal, insurance, health and safety obligations are adhered to
- Coordinating venue management, caterers, contractors and equipment hire
- Organising facilities for car parking, traffic control, security, first aid and hospitality
- Identifying and securing speakers or special guests
Working hours: Working hours normally 8.30 am – 5pm but may involve additional and unsocial working hours depending on the nature of the event and occasional travel between campus.
What we’re looking for
- Events or marketing related qualifications
- Degree (2:1 minimum)
- Minimum 5 years’ events experience in sporting, conference or higher education institution
- Proven experience working within CRM management and deployment
- Office administration
- Good level of computer literacy in Microsoft packages
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Ability to build external stakeholder relationships
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate with colleagues of all levels
For a full detailed job description and person specification please click here.
All applications should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the HR department with a full CV and covering letter (2 sides of A4 maximum) setting out your suitability for the role and motivation for joining our pioneering institution.