3rd August 2017
Careers, Advice & Guidance Officer – Term time only + 2 weeks – UCFB Wembley, London
Location: UCFB Wembley, London
Salary: £25,000-£28,000 pro rata
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Term Time only, plus 2 weeks
Closes: 24th August 2017
Front line delivery of a friendly, professional, efficient and client focused IAG service to support student and alumni in career and employability development and related activities, signposting needs where appropriate and deliver an excellent student experience. Demonstrating a genuine commitment to excellent customer service and collaborative team-working, applicants will be expected to have proficient skills and experience in information, advice and guidance, work independently and be able to communicate effectively with staff, students, graduates and external visitors.
The post holder will:
1. Be the first point of contact for the Careers service, and handling emails, phone calls, face to face (drop-in and pre booked appointments), social media and instant messaging services.
2. Provide front line delivery of a professional and client focused careers service to students, alumni.
3. Maintain, as part of the Student Services staff team, a range of data systems to meet all anticipated requirements.
4. Produce, as part of the Careers service team, a range of effective information and guidance resources that promote the careers service effectively to different client groups including guides, templates, newsletters, leaflets, posters and web-based materials. This will include maintaining careers service related social media or student communication channels.
5. Undertaking general administrative duties and support
6. Liaise with academic and professional service departments and third parties to provide a join-ed up service to students.
7. Deal with sensitive, confidential and personal student-related matters signposting and referring appropriately to relevant information sources and specialist services.
8. Maintain high levels of student satisfaction rates.
Working hours: Working hours normally 8.30am – 5.00pm but may require flexibility to support students at peak times.
What we’re looking for:
- NVQ Level 4 in IAG or Career Guidance or relevant qualification
- Experience of IAG service delivery, within a Careers & Employability context
- Interviewing individual and groups of students and alumni
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interviewing skills
- Good time-keeping skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Effective team-working skills
- Knowledge of issues surrounding confidentiality and data protection
- Ability to work alongside peers and academic staff
- Professional approach to work
- Organisational Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
Click here for a full, detailed job description and person specification.
All applications should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to HR with a full CV and covering letter (2 sides of A4 maximum) setting out your suitability for the role and motivation for joining our pioneering institution.