Employability & Enrichment Manager – UCFB Etihad Campus
Location: UCFB Etihad Campus
Salary: £28,000 – £35,000 per annum depending on skills and experience
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Closes: 23rd July 2018
To manage the Employability & Enrichment provision for UCFB Students, as laid down by the Head of Employability & Enrichment.
To manage the Industry Partner Liaisons whose role is to actively seek, develop and manage new/existing business partners with the goal of gaining work placement opportunities & job opportunities for UCFB students.
To assist with facilitating Employability & Enrichment events for UCFB students.
• Contribute towards providing a wide range of employment support services to UCFB students and graduates
• The role will primarily consist of managing the provisions for each of the three years of student groups: Year (i) Academic Skills/Research Skills; Year (ii) Degree focused enrichment sessions; Year (iii) Employment Skills. In addition, for all years: Executive Guest Speaker series and external Enrichment providers. These tasks will require some degree of admin and tracking of data
• Develop and maintain working relationships with our partner clubs in the National League to provide UCFB students with employment opportunities
• Manage relationships with other partner organisations
• Meet predefined KPI’s within this area
• Manage the team of Industry Partner Liaisons
• Working independently to meet targets and find creative solutions to enhance student experience and employment prospects
• Arrange on-going progress meetings to manage partner relations
• Adhere to UCFB’s reporting and risk assessment requirements for our student body and communicating and maintating required documentation
• Daily, weekly and monthly reporting as required by UCFB
• Any other tasks set by the UCFB Board or Management or departmental teams as part of the role
• To undertake appropriate staff development and professional training in line with the business objectives of UCFB
• To work within the policies of Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities
• To work flexibly and responsibly and undertake any other duties relevant to the level of the post
Working hours: Working hours normally 8.30 am – 5pm but may involve additional and unsocial working hours depending on the nature of the event and occasional travel between campus.
What we’re looking for
• Minimum 2:2 degree or equivalent in a relevant subject area
• Minimum 2 years experience managing a team
• Experience of working towards tight deadlines
• Experience of building and maintaining key business relationships
• Ability to lead and motivate a team
• Ability to develop good relationships with key partnerships
• Ability to work under pressure and towards targets
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent IT skills
• Good time-keeping skills
Click here for a full detailed job description and person specification.
All applications should be made to email@example.com addressed to HR with a full CV and covering letter (2 sides of A4 maximum) setting out your suitability for the role and motivation for joining our pioneering institution.