Foundation / Year Zero Lecturer – UCFB Wembley
Location: UCFB Wembley Campus
Salary: £40,000 (plus London Weighting)
Contract Type: Permanent
Do you want to be part of a truly unique approach to higher education, one that puts students at the heart of everything we do enabling them to have the best possible chance of a successful career in the football and sports industry?
We are currently recruiting for a Foundation/ Year Zero Lecturer to join us at our iconic Wembley campus to teach on a programme of study and to maintain teaching and learning standards to deliver an excellent student experience.
The successful candidate will be degree educated in a Football Business related discipline and have teaching experience in a Higher Education Institution. They will have the ability to provide a high quality learning experience and implement quality assurance processes.
- To manage a designated programme of study
- Maintain academic standards
- Design and deliver teaching materials at Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels, including contributing to the curriculum review and enhancement, in a manner that supports and focuses on student learning outcomes
- Undertake student assessments and examination activities including the provision of appropriate feedback to students
- Engage in continuous professional development
- To participate in the department seminars aimed at knowledge sharing and building interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the department
- Be responsible for the pastoral care of students within a specified area
- Achieve key academic performance indicators, attendance, retention and achievement
- Report on programme performance and progress
- Maintain high levels of student satisfaction rates
What we offer in return
In return not only will you have the opportunity to make life-transforming, career making education, but we offer a whole range of financial and non-financial benefits too:
- Enhanced occupational sick pay
- Life assurance
- Free eye tests and VDU glasses
- Flexible benefits package with Perkbox (some of which includes health cash plan, Denplan, half price cinema tickets, free mobile phone insurance, 20% off Virgin trains, discounted private health insurance, discounted gym membership, hundreds of high street discounts and much more)
Family friendly benefits
- Enhanced occupational maternity/paternity pay
- Compassionate leave/time off for dependants
- Competitive holiday entitlement
- Christmas closure
- Day off for your birthday
- 24/7 employee support hub (via Perkbox)
- Flexible working
- Continuing professional development
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Annual family barbeque
- Staff led events committee
- Payday treat
- End of year review day and awards dinner
- Back to work conference
Working hours: Working hours normally 8.30 am – 5pm but may involve additional and unsocial working hours depending on the nature of the event and occasional travel between campus.
Please note that if you do not have permission to work in the UK, UCFB will not be able to obtain a Certificate of Sponsorship for you to take up this position. All non EU/EAA candidates must have valid immigration status and/or a UK visa valid for the duration of the contract in order to be considered for this role.
You can find the UCFB Candidate Privacy Notice here