Graphic Designer (Middleweight) – UCFB Wembley Campus
Location: UCFB Wembley Campus
Salary: £28,000 – £30,000 depending on experience
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Closes: 19th April 2018
Reporting to the Design Manager, the designer will be part of the wider UCFB Marketing team which was shortlisted for Marketing Team of the Year at the 2016 Marketing Week Awards. Producing and implementing print, web and digital design work, the designer will also be supporting video and content production via the creation of various design assets.
- Facilitate the production of creative briefs in order to identify client needs and the appropriate design solution
- Ensure all projects are logged correctly into our internal management system and completed efficiently and on time
- Maintain a consistent look and feel across all company assets (print and digital collateral, website and other customer facing channels) while adhering to brand guidelines
- Liaise with and assist the wider UCFB Marketing team on any other content production and content seeding tasks where required
- Photo manipulation, illustration and publication layout
- Web site design and UX understanding, from flat design to style code tags
- Asset production and timeline editing, footage formats manipulation and rendering for publishing
- Operating cameras, lighting and sound recording devices
- To work within the policies of Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities
- To work flexibly and responsibly and undertake any other duties relevant to the level of the post
- To undertake appropriate staff development and professional training in line with the business objectives of UCFB
Working hours: Working hours normally 8.30 am – 5pm but may involve additional and unsocial working hours depending on the nature of the event and occasional travel between campus.
What we’re looking for
- Graphic design degree, qualification or similar work experience
- Graphic design for print and digital/ web design at middleweight level (with supporting portfolio)
- Graphic design principles
- Experience of layout composition
- Experience of photo retouching and image manipulation (colour correction and colour grading)
- Web production
- Adobe Creative Cloud Skills: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Basic HTML and CSS skills as well as UI/UX principles
- Outgoing and professional
- Highly creative
- Attention to detail
For a full detailed job description and person specification please click here.
All applications should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the HR department with a full CV and covering letter (2 sides of A4 maximum) setting out your suitability for the role and motivation for joining our pioneering institution.