HR Assistant – UCFB Etihad Campus
Location: UCFB Etihad Campus
Salary: £21,000 – £24,000 depending upon experience
Hours: Available as 1.0 or 0.8 FTE, hours by agreement
Contract Type: Permanent
Working as a HR Assistant you will help in delivering a comprehensive and professional human resources service ensuring the delivery of key elements of human resource management, including administration, HR system, recruitment and retention, learning and development and employee relations.
- To undertake effective administration of all HR tasks
- To ensure the delivery of key elements of human resource management, including pay, administration, HR system, learning and development and employee relations
- To undertake project work to support the delivery of an effective HR service
- To support on the delivery of Induction materials, guidance and training and oversee UCFB’s exit strategy including conducting exit interviews with all leavers
- To assist with the administration of contracts and the monitoring and review of probationary periods
- To monitor holiday entitlement and report on remaining entitlements
- To assist in the administration and payroll processing for new starters and leavers
- To liaise with the payroll provider to ensure that staff are paid accurately and on time each month and that queries are dealt with promptly and effectively
- To support the HR Officer on all aspects of recruitment and selection
- To be responsible for administering pre-employment and Criminal Record Bureau checks
- To be responsible for keeping the HR system up to date
- To undertake such additional duties as are reasonably commensurate with the level of this post
- To undertake appropriate staff development and professional training in line with the business objectives of UCFB
- To work within the policies of Health and Safety and Equality and Diversity.
Working hours: Working hours normally 8.30 am – 5pm but may involve additional and unsocial working hours depending on the nature of the event and occasional travel between campus.
What we’re looking for:
- Educated to A Level standard or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 year’s experience as an Administrator
- Strong administration skills
- Familiarity with business software such as Microsoft Office
- A high level of confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- The felxibility and willingness to learn
- To enjoy working with people
- Tact and diplomacy
- Strong administrative skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to work accurately, with attention to detail
For more details and a full detailed job description and person specification please click here.
All applications should be made to email@example.com addressed to HR with a full CV and covering letter (2 sides of A4 maximum) setting out your suitability for the role and motivation for joining our pioneering institution.