Junior Graphic Designer – UCFB Wembley Campus
Location: UCFB Wembley Campus
Salary: £18,000 – £21,000 depending on skills and experience
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Closes: 30th July 2018
Reporting to the Design Manager, the designer will be part of the wider UCFB Marketing team which was shortlisted for Marketing Team of the Year at the 2016 Marketing Week Awards. Producing and implementing print, web and digital design work, the designer will also be supporting video and content production via the creation of various design assets.
The Junior Graphic Designer (JGD) will be working on an exciting array of projects that vary in scope and scale. Frequent tasks will include everything from image sourcing and resizing to poster and brochure design, from digital banners for online marketing to social media imagery.
• Ensure all projects are logged correctly and completed efficiently and on time
• Facilitate the production of creative briefs in order to identify client needs and the appropriate design solution
• Maintain a consistent look and feel across all company assets (print and digital collateral, website and other customer facing channels) while adhering to brand guidelines
• Liaise with and assist the wider UCFB Marketing team on any other content production and content seeding tasks where required
• To undertake appropriate staff development and professional training in line with the business objectives of UCFB
• To work within the policies of Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities
• To work flexibly and responsibly and undertake any other duties relevant to the level of the post
Working hours: Working hours normally 8.30 am – 5pm but may involve additional and unsocial working hours depending on the nature of the event and occasional travel between campus.
What we’re looking for
• Graphic design qualification or similar work experience
• Graphic design for print and digital/web design at junior level (must have supporting portfolio)
• Layout composition knowledge
• Experience in photo retouching and image manipulation
• Adobe Creative Clod skills, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
• Web production knowledge and differences between print and digital design requirements
• Experience in printing process
• Experience in typography
• Highly creative
• Keen to learn and develop new skills
• Outgoing and professional
Click here for a full detailed job description and person specification.
All applications should be made to email@example.com addressed to HR with a full CV and covering letter (2 sides of A4 maximum) setting out your suitability for the role and motivation for joining our pioneering institution.