30th June 2017
Lecturer in Broadcast Journalism – UCFB Wembley, London
Location: UCFB Wembley, London
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Closes: 18 July 2017
The successful candidate will teach on our Broadcast Journalism programme and will maintain teaching and learning standards to deliver an excellent student experience.
Activities will include:
1. To teach on designated modules and programme of study as the Head / Assistant Head of Academic may specify
2. Maintain academic standards and adhere to the programme and module specifications
3. Design and deliver teaching materials at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, including contributing to the curriculum review and enhancement, in a manner that supports and focuses on student learning outcomes
4. Undertake student assessments and examination activities including the provision of appropriate feedback to students
5. Engage in continuous professional development
6. To participate in the department seminars aimed at knowledge sharing and building interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the department
7. Be responsible for the pastoral care of students within a specified area
8. Achieve key academic performance indicators, attendance, retention and achievement
9. Report to the programme leader on programme performance and progress
Working hours: Working hours normally 8.30 am – 5pm but may involve additional and unsocial working hours depending on the nature of the event and occasional travel between campus.
What we’re looking for:
• Undergraduate degree and Master’s degree in disciplines relevant to Broadcast Journalism
• Minimum of 5 years professional experience within the broadcast industry
• Two or more years’ full time teaching experience in Higher Education
• Ability to teach two or more of the following areas: Capability to record own video and audio content on industry-standard equipment, edit narratives in video on Adobe Premiere Pro and in audio on Adobe Audition/Audacity, storytelling with broadcast content
• Ability to contextualise Broadcast Journalism for sports business and related disciplines
• Excellent communication skills
• Good time-keeping skills
• Ability to work on your own initiative
• Effective team-working skills
• Professional approach to work
• Attention to detail
Click here for a full, detailed job description and person specification.
All applications should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the HR Department with a full CV and covering letter (2 sides of A4 maximum) setting out your suitability for the role and motivation for joining our pioneering institution.