Lecturer in Physical Education – UCFB Wembley Campus
Location: UCFB Wembley Campus
Salary: Up to £44,000 (including London weighting)
depending upon qualifications and experience
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Closes: 22nd June 2018
Due to our continued success and growth in student numbers, we are looking to appoint academic staff to teach on a programme of study and to maintain teaching and learning standards to deliver an excellent student experience.
• To teach on designated modules and programme of study as the Head / Assistant Head of Academics may specify
• Maintain academic standards and adhere to the programme and module specifications
• Design and deliver teaching materials at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, including contributing to the curriculum review and enhancement, in a manner that supports and focuses on student learning outcomes.
• Undertake student assessments and examination activities including the provision of appropriate feedback to students
• Engage in continuous professional development
• To participate in the department seminars aimed at knowledge sharing and building interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the department:
• Be responsible for the pastoral care of students within a specified area:
• Achieve key academic performance indicators, attendance, retention and achievement
• Report to the programme leader on programme performance and progress
• Maintain high levels of student satisfaction rates
• Complete module review and evaluation
• To undertake appropriate staff development and professional training in line with the business objectives of UCFB
• Participate in research and personal professional development
• To work within the policies of Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities
• To work flexibly and responsibly and undertake any other duties relevant to the level of the post
Working hours: Working hours normally 8.30 am – 5pm but may involve additional and unsocial working hours depending on the nature of the event and occasional travel between campus.
What we’re looking for
• Undergraduate and Masters degrees in disciplines relevant to Physical Education
• Teaching experience (Primary School/ Secondary School/ Further Education or equivalent)
• Ability to teach practical activities including athletics, games, outdoor adventure, swimming, gymnastics, dance etc
• Ability to teach a range of academic modules relevant to Physical Education
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Excellent IT skills
• Ability to work on your own initiative
• Effective team working skills
• Ability to work alongside peers and professional members of the board
Click here for a full detailed job description and person specification.
All applications should be made to email@example.com addressed to HR with a full CV and covering letter (2 sides of A4 maximum) setting out your suitability for the role and motivation for joining our pioneering institution.