Lecturer in Sports Marketing – UCFB Wembley
Post: Lecturer in Sports Marketing – UCFB Wembley
Location: UCFB Wembley, London
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000-£45,000 (dependent on experience)
Responsible to: Head/Assistant Head of Academics and Programme Leader
Closing Date: 29th May 2017
Sports Marketing is a major area within our portfolio and is a popular student choice.
The successful candidate will teach on our Sports Marketing programme and contribute to modules with a sports business context.
Activities will include:
- To teach on designated modules and programme of study
- Maintain academic standards and adhere to the programme and module specifications
- Design and deliver teaching materials at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, including contributing to the curriculum review and enhancement, in a manner that supports and focuses on student learning outcomes
- Undertake student assessments and examination activities including the provision of appropriate feedback to students
- Engage in continuous professional development
- To participate in the department seminars aimed at knowledge sharing and building interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the department
- Be responsible for the pastoral care of students within a specified area
- Achieve key academic performance indicators, attendance, retention and achievement
- Report to the programme leader on programme performance and progress
- Maintain high levels of student satisfaction rates
Working hours: Working hours normally 8.30 am – 5pm but may involve additional and unsocial working hours depending on the nature of the event and occasional travel between campus.
What we’re looking for:
- Undergraduate and masters’ degrees in a Marketing discipline;
- Two or more years’ full time teaching experience in Higher Education;
- HE teaching qualification (or willingness to obtain one);
- Ability to teach at least two areas from (1) theory and practice of integrated marketing communications; (2) branding, advertising, design, digital and communications; (3) Digital marketing knowledge and experience, particularly e-crm, SEO, SEM, and Social Media; (4) Ad agency and website development simulations
- Ability to contextualize marketing for sports business;
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced and busy environment to meet set goals;
- Ability to work on your own initiative;
- Effective team-working skills;
Click here to download the full, detailed job description and person specification.
All applications should be made to email@example.com addressed to the Head of Academics (Wembley) with a full CV and covering letter (2 sides of A4 maximum) setting out your suitability for the role and motivation for joining our pioneering institution.