Market Research & Insight Assistant – UCFB Wembley Campus
Location: UCFB Wembley Campus
Salary: £18,000 – £21,000 dependent on experience
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Closes: 22nd June 2018
Reporting to the Market Research & Insight Executive, you will be responsible for providing actionable insights through research to help drive and support the wider Marketing & Student Recruitment Team’s strategy and understanding of key markets.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a leading marketing team, recently recognised in Times Higher Education’s 2018 Leadership & Management Awards as well as being shortlisted for Marketing Week’s 2016 Marketing Team of the Year. UCFB has experienced phenomenal growth in recent years and this role should appeal to those interested in kick starting an exciting marketing or analytical career in the sports or HE sector.
• To conduct market research on a variety of topics, spanning across both the sport and Higher Education industries, from a variety of angles
• To undertake internal research with current students via surveys and focus groups periodically
• To utilise Salesforce and Google Analytics to create reports relating to website performance and effectiveness of marketing campaigns
• To carry out analysis of internal and external data and provide actionable insights
• To analyse social media performance using the platform’s own analytics tools, and report on recommendations
• To undertake research into future products as and when required
• To monitor and research relevant competitors
• To assist the Market Research and Insight Executive in monitoring and reporting on departmental performance against KPIs on a weekly basis
• To monitor and report on industry trends, primarily in the sport and higher education sectors
• To assist the wider Marketing and Student Recruitment department in various tasks as and when required
• To undertake appropriate staff development and professional training in line with the business strategic objectives of UCFB
• To work within the policies of Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities
• To work flexibly and responsibly and undertake any other duties relevant to the level of the post
Working hours: Working hours normally 8.30 am – 5pm but may involve additional and unsocial working hours depending on the nature of the event and occasional travel between campus.
What we’re looking for
• A Business or Marketing related degree
• Experience in writing reports, conducting research or working within a marketing team
• A high attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Comfortable in analysing large data sets
• Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues of all levels
• Strong understanding of Microsoft Office, in particular Microsoft Excel
• An understanding of CRM
• A good understanding of all social media
• Experience of, or a willingness to learn, analytical tools such as Google Analytics and various social media analytics
• Ability to multi-task and handle multiple tight deadlines
• Ability to look at the bigger picture and think outside the box
• Good administrative skills
• A keen interest in sports and marketing
• A solid work ethic and can-do attitude
Click here for a full detailed job description and person specification.
All applications should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to HR with a full CV and covering letter (2 sides of A4 maximum) setting out your suitability for the role and motivation for joining our pioneering institution.