Programme Leader Sports Business & Coaching – UCFB, Wembley
Location: UCFB Wembley, London
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £40,000 – £45,000
Closes: 20 June 2017
Sports Business and Coaching is a fast growing area within our portfolio
This is an exciting opportunity to lead UCFB’s Sports Marketing programme
The primary role of a Programme Leader is to effectively manage a specified programme of study and designated module leaders. The Programme Leader is accountable to the Head / Assistant Head of Academics at the campus where they are based. The Programme Leader is specifically responsible for:
- Effective management of a specified programme; including consultation, decision-making and communication with the Head / Assistant Head of Academics, staff and students within the current framework of UCFB;
- Maintaining high academic standards and adherence to the programme and module specifications;
- Ensuring high standards of student experience;
- Providing advice and guidance to module leaders on the running of the modules to meet internal and external expectations;
- Ensuring the programme and all component modules keep up to date with the developing HE landscape.
Specialist knowledge /skills required
- The programme leader will have experience of leading a Sports Marketing programme / modules within a UK Higher Education provider
- Ability to deliver the following areas at Level 6:
- High/Elite Performance Coaching
- Match/Performance Analysis
- Applied Reflective Practice.
Working hours: Working hours normally 8.30 am – 5pm but may involve additional and unsocial working hours depending on the nature of the event and travel between campus.
What we’re looking for
- A relevant Masters degree;
- Two or more years’ teaching experience in Higher Education;
- Teaching qualification;
- Ability to manage a rapidly growing programme
- Ability to teach at least three of the following modules at Level 6: High Performance Coaching, Applied Reflective Practice, Performance Analysis, Applied Reflective Practice , Elite Performance Coaching, Match Analysis and Research Project;
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced and busy environment to meet set goals;
- Ability to work on your own initiative;
- Effective team-working skills;
- Professional approach to work;
- Attention to detail
Suitably qualified candidates may also be appointed as Senior Lecturer
Click Here to download the full, detailed job description and person specification.
All applications should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the Head of Academics (Wembley / Etihad ) with a full CV and covering letter (2 sides of A4 maximum) setting out your suitability for the role and motivation for joining our pioneering institution.