Student Experience Officer (2 posts) – UCFB Wembley Stadium/ Etihad Campus
Location: UCFB Etihad Campus, Manchester /UCFB Wembley, London
Salary: £19,000 – £21,000 (UCFB Etihad Campus) / £22,000 – £24,000 (UCFB Wembley)
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Closes: 30 June 2017
To work with students and staff to develop and promote a positive student experience. To engage with students through academic and non-academic enrichment activities which encourage Student Voice and participation. Assisting with first line welfare and information guidance support.
Activities will include:
1. To be alert to general student support issues, providing pastoral care, referring cases to the Student Services Advisors upon escalation of concern
2. To proactively encourage students to develop themselves by being a positive and visible influence around the campus
3. To develop a broad understanding of the student dynamics within the campus and to work actively with individuals and groups of students to develop a supportive and friendly environment
• To assist with a calendar of one-off charity and promotional activities (including, for example, Children in Need and end-of-year activities)
• To work as part of a team with the Student Events and Sport Coordinators to develop a coherent approach to student voice and participation
• To work to expand external opportunities available to students both with local providers and with enrichment schemes by negotiating access deals and researching new opportunities
4. To build relationships with students (on an individual and group basis) and advocate their views, opinions and needs
5. To collaborate with Student Services, the Students’ Union and Athletic Union on regular information updates for students, with contributions from the whole department and other staff
6. To monitor and regularly review take-up of enrichment activities and produce a regular monitoring report which results in an annual improvement plan
7. Liaise with academic and professional service departments and third parties to provide a join-ed up service to students.
• To ensure that the student agenda is responded to across UCFB and assist with tutorial activities by contributing to the planning and delivery of the Tutorial Programme
8. To record, monitor and evaluate personal work practice
• Deal with sensitive, confidential and personal student-related matters signposting and referring appropriately to relevant information sources and specialist services.
• Maintain high levels of student satisfaction rates;
Working hours: Working hours normally 8.30 am – 5.00 pm but may involve additional and unsocial working hours depending on the nature of the event and occasional travel between campus.
What we are looking for:
• Degree (or equivalent qualification)
• Relevant experience in a complex public facing environment
• Experience of working with students and staff
• Excellent communication skills
• Good time-keeping skills
• Ability to work on your own initiative
• Effective team-working skills
• Knowledge of issues surrounding confidentiality and data protection
• Ability to work alongside peers and academic staff
• Professional approach to work
• Attention to detail
• Organisational Skills
Click here for a full, detailed job description and person specification.
All applications should be made to email@example.com addressed to HR with a full CV and covering letter (2 sides of A4 maximum) setting out your suitability for the role and motivation for joining our pioneering institution. Please specify the location you are applying for.