5th September 2017
Student Services Information Officer – UCFB Wembley
Location: UCFB Wembley, London
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Closes: 19th September 2017
Front line delivery of a friendly, professional, efficient and client focused information service to support student and staff administration and signposting needs and deliver an excellent student experience. Demonstrating a genuine commitment to excellent customer service and collaborative team-working, applicants will be expected to have proficient skills in using information systems, and be able to communicate effectively with staff, students, graduates and external visitors.
Activities will include:
- Be the first point of contact on information desks across various services, and handling emails, phone calls, face to face, social media and instant messaging services.
- Provide front line delivery of a professional and client focused service to students, staff and the general public; including:
- offering accurate and relevant advice and information,
- ensuring effective signposting of enquirers to appropriate services,
- maintaining accurate records of enquiries.
- Maintain, as part of the Student Services staff team, a range of data systems to meet all anticipated requirements for:
- internal and external requirements, including reporting, monitoring and evaluation of services,
- strategic planning needs,
- student and staff needs;
- Produce, as part of the Student Services staff team, a range of effective information and guidance resources that promote the range of Student Services effectively to different client groups including newsletters, leaflets, posters and web-based materials. This will include maintaining Student Services related social media or student communication channels.
- Providing general administrative support:
- General office related and administrative duties to ensure the effective operation of Student Services and related activities, including Reception cover, Library support and service cover where required;
- Provide an efficient secretariat service to meetings of Student Services staff;
- Maintain accurate records relating to enquiries and support;
- Sport and Event coordinators, including facilities bookings and support with the hosting and arranging of events;
- UCFB Services where required, including Careers Service, Students’ Union and Sports Union;
- Disability Services; including managing appointments for both staff and external providers, compiling and distributing correspondence, making payments, raising invoices and maintaining financial records, making, managing and monitoring student support referrals and archiving of end of year student information.
- Liaise with academic and professional service departments and third parties to provide a join-ed up service to students.
- Deal with sensitive, confidential and personal student-related matters signposting and referring appropriately to relevant information sources and specialist services.
- Maintain high levels of student satisfaction rates.
Working hours: Working hours normally 8.30am – 5pm but may involve additional and unsocial working hours depending on the nature of the event and occasional travel between campus.
What we’re looking for
- Degree (or equivalent qualification);
- Relevant experience in a complex public facing environment;
- Experience of working with students and staff;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Good time-keeping skills;
- Ability to work on your own initiative;
- Effective team-working skills;
- Knowledge of issues surrounding confidentiality and data protection;
- Ability to work alongside peers and academic staff;
- Professional approach to work;
- Attention to detail;
- Organisational skills.
Click here for a full, detailed job description and person specification.
All applications should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to HR with a full CV and covering letter (two sides of A4 maximum) setting out your suitability for the role and motivation for joining our pioneering institution. Please specify the location you are applying for.