Student Services Information Officer – UCFB Etihad Campus
Location: UCFB Etihad Campus
Salary: £18,000 – £21,000 per annum depending upon experience
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Closes: 17th October 201
Front line delivery of a friendly, professional, efficient and client focused information service to support student and staff administration and signposting needs and deliver an excellent student experience. Demonstrating a genuine commitment to excellent customer service and collaborative team-working, applicants will be expected to have proficient skills in using information systems, and be able to communicate effectively with staff, students, graduates and external visitors.
- Be the first point of contact on information desks across various services, and handling emails, phone calls, face to face, social media and instant messaging services
- Provide front line delivery of a professional and client focused service to students, staff and the general public
- Maintain, as part of the Student Services staff team, a range of data systems to meet all anticipated requirements
- Produce, as part of the Student Services staff team, a range of effective information and guidance resources that promote the range of Student Services effectively to different client groups including newsletters, leaflets, posters and web-based materials. This will include maintaining Student Services related social media or student communication channels
- Providing general administrative support
- Liaise with academic and professional service departments and third parties to provide a join-ed up service to students
- Deal with sensitive, confidential and personal student-related matters signposting and referring appropriately to relevant information sources and specialist services
- Maintain high levels of student satisfaction rates
- To undertake appropriate staff development and professional training in line with the business objectives of UCFB
- To work within the policies of Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities
- To work flexibly and responsibly and undertake any other duties relevant to the level of the post
Working hours:Working hours normally 8.30 – 5pm but may involve additional and unsocial working hours depending on the nature of the event and travel between campuses.
What we’re looking for
- Degree (or equivalent qualification)
- Relevant experience in a complex public facing environment
- Experience of working with students and staff
- Excellent communication skills
- Good time-keeping skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Effective team-working skills
- Knowledge of issues surrounding confidentiality and data protection
- Ability to work alongside peers and academic staff
- Professional approach to work
Click here for a full detailed job description and person specification.
All applications should be made to email@example.com addressed to HR with a full CV and covering letter (2 sides of A4 maximum) setting out your suitability for the role and motivation for joining our pioneering institution.
You can find the UCFB Candidate Privacy Notice here