Student Services Manager – UCFB Wembley Campus
Location: UCFB Wembley Campus
Salary: £30,000 – £34,000 (including London weighting)
depending upon experience
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Closes: 23rd July 2018
To manage the Student Services team (Wembley-based), and to manage and coordinate the operational aspects of the service to provide an outstanding provision and an excellent student experience.
• To manage, coordinate and develop the day-to-day operational aspects of the Student Services team’s work. The post holder has direct line management responsibility for the Student Services team, which includes Sport and Student Experience and Library Information Services
• To assist the Head of Student Services in directing and ensuring the effective delivery of activities for Student Services throughout the student lifecycle for undergraduate, post-graduate, international and online degree students
• To support the Head of Student Services in ensuring effective liaison with internal and external stakeholders
• To lead and support on the development and implementation of policies, guidance documents and other resources relevant to the work of the Student Services department
• Ensure that all services/teams have appropriate student feedback, monitoring and quality processes in place and that these are used to inform current practise, service development and planning both in teams/services and for Student Services as a whole
• To lead on the Student Services department’s publicity and publications using a variety of platforms, including website, online learning platform, social media and printed resources. To ensure information is provided in a proactive and targeted manner and inclusion, equality and diversity amongst students and staff are promoted at all times
• To support the Head of Student Services in managing the delivery of Student Services front line enquiry services to students, liaising with other departments and external services as necessary
• To manage Student Services referrals, including the cause of concern and interruption of study student cases. To provide expert advice at case conferences and meetings with students and staff ensuring that welfare support is offered to students in an effective, sensitive and sympathetic manner
• To liaise with academic departments on matters related to supporting students. To advise on best practice in the development of local plans for supporting students and to provide information and guidance as appropriate
• To analyse processes, project evaluations, management information and benchmarking data to identify and realise improvements to UCFB’s approach to students and graduates, and to deliver processes arising from this analysis, managing their development, promotion and implementation
Working hours: Working hours normally 8.30 am – 5pm but may involve additional and unsocial working hours depending on the nature of the event and occasional travel between campus.
What we’re looking for
• Degree or relevant professional qualification at postgraduate level (chartered where appropriate)
• Extensive leadership and management experience
• Significant experience in delivering support and wellbeing services to students
• Experience of managing and controlling substantial budgetary and other resources and an understanding of financial management procedures
• Proven record of effective change management
• Significant experience in a customer focused environment
• Experience of development of policy and practice in regards to equality, diversity and inclusion
• Substantial knowledge and understanding of current trends in UK HE in particular in regard to student support, inclusion and wellbeing, the student experience and delivering student success
• Detailed knowledge of the HE student services sector
• Thorough understanding of the need to inform strategy and operations through the use of data
Click here for a full detailed job description and person specification.
All applications should be made to email@example.com addressed to HR with a full CV and covering letter (2 sides of A4 maximum) setting out your suitability for the role and motivation for joining our pioneering institution.