16th June 2017
Timetabling & Academic Administrator
Location: UCFB Wembley, Wembley Stadium
Salary: £23,000 – £28,000
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Placed on: July 2017
Closes: 17th August 2017
You will assist with administration support systems and activities that facilitate the effective running of the academic team.
1. Maintain, as part of the Academic Administration team, a range of data base systems to meet all anticipated requirements.
2. Providing general administrative support for the Academic Team.
3. Co-ordination of the assessment procedures, coordinating and recording examination and assessment processes.
4. Co-ordinating and recording internal verification processes, assisting in the preparation for external verification / examination boards.
5. Maintaining high levels of quality assurance, including course evaluation and course approval procedures.
6. Maintain accurate student database with records with details of supervision, assessments, transfers, suspensions, extensions, withdrawals, submissions, employment on leaving and current addresses.
7. Using information systems and preparing reports and statistics for internal and external use.
8. Keep Moodle and online methods of communication updated with information relevant to current UCFB students.
9. React to queries and problems from staff and students on a daily basis. Drafting and interpreting regulations and dealing with queries and complaints procedures.
10. To be responsible for the compilation, production and maintenance of teaching timetables.
11. To be responsible for the input, retrieval and reporting of timetable data and to maintain an efficient filing and management information retrieval system.
12. To ensure while teaching rooms are unavailable due to external events all classes are offered alternative temporary accommodation where possible.
13. To manage the production of the central exam schedule.
14. Update and monitor student attendance, absences and at risk students.
Working hours: Working hours normally 8.30 am – 5.00 pm
What we are looking for:
• Degree level education
• Relevant experience Higher Education Administration
• Experience of working with students and staff
• Experience of Recording minutes of meetings
• Excellent communication skills
• Good time-keeping skills
• Ability to work on your own initiative
• Effective team-working skills
• Knowledge of issues surrounding confidentiality and data protection
• Ability to work along side peers and academic staff
• Attention to detail
Click here for a full detailed job description and person specification.
All applications should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the HR Department with a full CV and covering letter (2 sides of A4 maximum) setting out your suitability for the role and motivation for joining our pioneering institution.