7th July 2017
Undergraduate Admissions Assistant – UCFB Etihad Campus, Manchester
Location: UCFB Etihad campus
Salary: £18,000 – £19,000
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Closes: 03 August 2017
Reporting to the Assistant Admissions Manager and UG Admissions Officer, you will provide administrative support to the UCFB Admissions team as they assess and admit new students to UCFB’s Undergraduate programmes and foundation years. You will work collaboratively with colleagues in Marketing, Recruitment and Events to ensure that UCFB is fully supported in its goal to recruit talented and passionate students.
You will be expected to assist with contacting potential students, handling enquiries, maintaining accurate records and supporting recruitment events to the institution.
Occasional travel to our UCFB Wembley Campus may be expected from time to time, particularly during the exceptionally busy Confirmation & Clearing period in August each year.
1. To respond to UCFB admissions enquiries via phone, email and in person
2. To support UCFB recruitment and conversion events and activities where required
3. To input personal details from application forms onto UCFB records systems
4. To liaise with colleagues on other UCFB teams, building and developing strong relationships with academic and professional services colleagues
5. To help plan and run UCFB Assessment days, arranging support from other teams within UCFB as appropriate
6. To ensure that applicants send in evidence of offer conditions and supply all required information and chase up applicant responses
7. To ensure that CRM admissions data is updated at all times
8. To provide guidance and support to applicants and UCFB colleagues on admissions, application and UCAS procedures
9. To provide support to the wider UCFB team during confirmation, clearing and enrolment
10. To work flexibly and responsibly and undertake any other duties relevant to the level of the post
Working hours: Working hours normally 8.30 am – 5.00 pm but may involve additional and unsocial working hours depending on the nature of the event and occasional travel between campus.
What we’re looking for:
• Degree level education
• Experience of office administration
• Excellent communication skills
• Good time-keeping skills
• Ability to work on your own initiative
• Understanding of the UK education system
• Effective team-working skills
• Able to work under pressure and with multiple priorities
• Attention to detail
• Microsoft office competency
Click here for a full, detailed job description and person specification.
All applications should be made to email@example.com addressed to the HR department with a full CV and covering letter (2 sides of A4 maximum) setting out your suitability for the role and motivation for joining our pioneering institution.