7th July 2017
Undergraduate Admissions Officer, UCFB Etihad Campus
Location: UCFB Etihad campus
Salary: £25,000 – £27,000
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Closes: 03 August 2017
Reporting to the Head of Admissions and Assistant Admissions Manager, you will take a leading role in the assessment and admission of new students to all UCFB Undergraduate programmes and foundation years. You will work collaboratively with colleagues in Marketing, Recruitment and Events to ensure that UCFB is fully supported in its goal to recruit talented and passionate students.
You will be expected to work autonomously and independently, with the support of Admissions Assistant(s) based at either campus and will be expected to supervise and assist UG Admissions Assistants based in the North.
Occasional travel to our UCFB Wembley Campus will be expected from time to time, particularly during the exceptionally busy Confirmation & Clearing period in August each year.
1. To advise on UCFB admissions enquiries via phone, email and in person
2. To support UCFB recruitment and conversion events and activities where required.
3. To process applications to UCFB for undergraduate courses, making decisions and issuing offer letters where appropriate
4. To liaise with counterparts at our academic partners, assisting with their UG application processing and ensure that a strong link is maintained at all times
5. To ensure that applicants send in evidence of offer conditions and chase up applicant responses
6. To ensure that CRM admissions data is updated at all times
7. To provide guidance and support to applicants and UCFB colleagues on admissions, application and UCAS procedures
8. To provide guidance and support to UCFB during confirmation, clearing and enrolment
9. To undertake Fee assessments of students and ensure that students accepted have the correct visa status for entry
10. To work flexibly and responsibly and undertake any other duties relevant to the level of the post
Working hours: Working hours normally 8.30 am – 5pm but may involve additional and unsocial working hours depending on the nature of the event and occasional travel between campus.
What we’re looking for:
• Degree level education
• Experience of working in a busy admissions environment with experience working on Undergraduate degree programmes
• Experience of UCAS processes and procedures
• Able to work under pressure and with multiple priorities
• Excellent communication skills
• Good time-keeping skills
• Ability to work on your own initiative
• Understanding of the UK education system
• Effective team-working skills
• Knowledge of issues surrounding confidentiality and data protection
• Attention to detail
• Microsoft office competency
Click here for a full, detailed job description and person specification.
All applications should be made to email@example.com addressed to the HR department with a full CV and covering letter (2 sides of A4 maximum) setting out your suitability for the role and motivation for joining our pioneering institution.