Pre-university Programme: UCFB Certificate in Sport Management
Study Abroad Semester
Study Abroad Semester
and Summer School
A taster of the UCFB experience for 15-18 year olds, this inspiring two-week programme offers a comprehensive introduction to the various operational and business facets of the football and wider sport industries. Interactive visits to sporting organisations and facilities compliment classes on topics such as social and digital media, sport marketing, football management and international sport business.
A full calendar of social and cultural activities completes the programme, ensuring that students leave with new levels of academic and personal achievement, a wealth of new experiences, and memories that will last a lifetime.
Academic calendar dates for 2018 will be announced soon.
Daily lectures and workshops taught by experienced professionals from academia and the sport industry will introduce students to the various facets of football and sport related business, including:
• Football Management
• Social and Digital Media
• Stadium and Event Management
• International Sport Business
• Sport Marketing
The academic programme will be enhanced by UCFB’s unique Complementary Curriculum™, taking learning out of the classroom and putting it into real business context, helping students to gain practical experience, develop transferable skills and build their global network through Executive Guest Speaker sessions and organized excursions to sport facilities, venues and organisations including:
• Old Trafford – home of Manchester United and the largest club stadium in the UK.
• Twickenham – home of England Rugby and largest dedicated rugby union venue in the world.
• Etihad Stadium – home of Manchester City.
• All England Tennis and Croquet Club, Wimbledon – venue for the oldest and most prestigious tennis tournament in the world.
• Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park – London’s newest park, built for the London 2012 Olympic Games and home to several sport venues including the Velodrome, Aquatics Centre and London Stadium.
Student safety and wellbeing is our priority. Dedicated Resident Assistants live alongside the students and are on call 24-7, providing supervision and support in all aspects of life to ensure that students enjoy a safe and memorable London experience.
Students are encouraged to explore the city and culture of London through our daily calendar of cultural and social activities, including a walking tour of the most famous landmarks, an evening at the theatre, and a visit to Camden’s famous markets and nearby parks. Field trips further afield will broaden horizons and cultural awareness:
Manchester – Two day visit to Manchester, England’s second city and home to two world famous football clubs. The trip will include a visit to the UCFB Etihad Campus including the Etihad Stadium, Velodrome and Squash Centre, as well as the National Football Museum and Old Trafford, home of Manchester United.
Stonehenge and Bath – Leave the hustle and bustle of London and experience the quintessential English countryside, the prehistoric world heritage site of Stonehenge, and the beautiful Georgian city of Bath, famous for its Roman hot water spring baths, delightful crescents and architecture.
Brighton – Finish the programme at the beach with a day trip to the seaside! Constantly ranked highly on the UK’s favourite places to live, Brighton offers an exciting mixture of seaside attractions, regency heritage, independent boutiques, arts and culture.
Accommodation is included with our partner halls of residence, Unite Students at Unite Olympic Way, offering summer participants modern student accommodation located just a few minutes’ walk from the UCFB Wembley campus and facilities.
Newly opened in 2016 the accommodation is located on Wembley Way in the heart of Wembley Park, surrounded by the world-famous stadium and the countless shops, restaurants and bars that form part of the designer outlet just a couple of minutes’ walk away. Wembley Park Underground station is also just down the road, offering easy access to central London in less than 20 minutes.
Furnished to a high standard the halls have en-suite bedrooms, contemporary kitchens, free Wi-Fi and broadband internet, a laundry room and shared common areas including TV rooms, study areas and a large outdoor area with games tables and deck chairs.
Admissions and Applications+
Applications for 2017 are now closed. Details for 2018 will be announced soon.
Please see below for entry requirements and fees.
The Pre-University Programme: UCFB Certificate in Sport Management is open to all students aged 15 to 18.
Non-native speakers must demonstrate sufficient English proficiency to be able to follow and participate in the programme.
Please note that for non EU/EEA nationals a short-term study visa is required to study in the UK.
Programme fees for summer 2017 are £3,300 (inc. VAT).
- All lectures, visits and workshops for Sport Management Certificate
- Accommodation in deluxe single rooms in shared apartments in student halls. Includes, en-suite bathroom, wi-fi, shared kitchen facilities and common space
- Comprehensive orientation session and materials, including stadium induction, academic policies, student services and a tour of the local facilities
- Walking tour of central London
- Cultural visits, field trips and activities
- Two-day field trip to Manchester including transport, accommodation and visits
- One-day field trip to Stonehenge and Bath including transport and entrance fees
- One-day field trip to Brighton
- Two meals per day (breakfast and dinner) on most days
- Live-in Resident Assistants available 24 hours per day for supervision and support
- Dedicated Personal Tutor for intellectual, academic, social, spiritual and cultural interests and support.
- Student Services fee:
- Dedicated Student Services Advisor
- 24-hour health and safety emergency number
- Extra-curricular activities
- UCFB certificate of attendance
Fees do not include travel, international health insurance, visa fees, meals not listed and additional living costs and personal expenses.
Payment should be made via bank transfer in pound sterling (£). All bank charges are the responsibility of the fee payer.
A 50% deposit is required to confirm enrolment. The balance is due one week prior to the programme start.
For further details on the application process and programme fees please contact Mina Chakmagi at email@example.com.