UCFB Clearing Guide and FAQs
University degrees in the football and sports industry
University degrees in the football and sports industry
Call our Clearing hotline on
UCFB Clearing hotline 03330161244
What is UCAS Clearing?
UCAS Clearing is an opportunity for you to make sure that you get a place on a degree programme that excites you at an institution that will help you to achieve all of your goals. It is not limited to those who did not manage to obtain a place at their first choice institution.
Who can apply through UCAS Clearing?
UCAS Clearing is open to everyone who already has their exam results and has been open since 5th July. If you already have your exam results and would like to secure a place at UCFB, then please call us on 03330161244 or email email@example.com as soon as possible to discuss.
Do you have any tips for those wishing to apply through UCAS Clearing?
Many of you will be waiting for your A-Level results right now. If you are waiting for A-Level results then you could end up looking for a place on the busiest day of the year for every admissions department in the country. Here are a few tips to get you through the day:
Do you definitely want to take your Firm choice or do you think that there may be somewhere more suitable for you? You are about to embark on a three year degree that could define the rest of your life, so this is a big decision and not one to be taken lightly.
Do you really want to go to your Insurance choice? Only 4% of all applicants end up going to their insurance choice and many applicants who do not get their firm choice institution go back into Clearing and seek a place elsewhere, rather than join their second choice institution. Think carefully and plan what you will do in this situation.
You may decide that you no longer want to go to your firm or insurance choice, or that you may not meet your offer conditions. If so, you need to think about which institutions you will consider next.
There are over 200 institutions teaching higher education degrees in the UK. Consider making a shortlist of courses and institutions that may interest you. Make a note of their Clearing hotline or admissions telephone number and decide who you will call and in which order. Be prepared for the fact that not all degrees go into Clearing, so make sure that you have some alternatives in mind.
At UCFB for example, we boast employment rates of 92%, with almost two thirds of graduates now working within the football and sports industry. This means that our degree programmes are extremely popular. We do therefore strongly recommend that you contact us via the Clearing hotline on 02033194940 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org sooner rather than later if you are interested in studying at UCFB.
Do not panic
By the time you wake up on results day, UCAS should already have your offer status online so do check UCAS Track to see at which status your application is at. If your application is still displaying as Conditional, then please check your offer conditions to make sure that you do not have anything outstanding. If you are waiting for resit results, remember that GCSE results come out later in August, as these will delay your unconditional offer.
If you have already been accepted by an institution but want to get a place elsewhere, or you have been rejected and need to find a new degree programme, then now is time to start calling some Clearing hotlines.
Do not despair
If you would like to apply for a UCFB degree and do not meet the entry requirements, then you should certainly still contact UCFB so that we can try to help you find a suitable programme. At UCFB we assess all applicants on a case by case basis and are looking for people who are passionate and dedicated to their chosen subject in addition to the ability to handle the academic rigour of our unique degree programmes.
Consider your options
You may find that after a few phone calls you have a selection of offers to choose from. Many institutions, including UCFB, will allow you 48 hours to consider your offer. Take some time to consider your options, make sure that you can secure accommodation if you need it and find out about any scholarships or bursaries that they can offer you. Make sure that you obtain as much information as you can about the degree and institution.
Once you have found a programme that you are happy with, you can apply on UCAS Track and get your place confirmed. If you are holding a place elsewhere, make sure that you have written confirmation of your chosen offer before you ask your previous choice to release you into Clearing.
Finally, if you have any questions whatsoever, please do not hesitate to contact us on either 03330161244 or by emailing email@example.com and we will be more than happy to help you.
There’s no getting away from it – A-level results day can be a stressful time… Even more so if you’re about to enter Clearing. Working out where you’re going to live and what you’re going to study over the next few years of your life is not a decision that should be made lightly.
So, to help you through the day, we’ve put together a list of what you should do before results day to best prepare yourself for the day, and what to do should you enter Clearing.
- Timing is everything – Find out in advance what time your school opens on results day.
- Keep it local – You must collect your results in person. Should your results mean you’re to enter Clearing, universities and other higher education institutions will want to speak to you directly, so make sure you’re near a phone or the internet.
- Paperwork – Get all your UCAS documentation together in one folder in case you need it on the day.
- Clearing – Make a note of your Clearing number. This will appear on your UCAS Track on results day.
- Relax – It might seem stressful, but it will be alright if your results don’t go exactly to plan. Speak to your teachers, careers advisors and parents and get their advice on your next steps. Many students who go onto higher education through Clearing often say it worked out better for them in the long run.
- It’s good to talk – Seek out somewhere you can talk in peace, and make sure your phone is fully charged.
- Get clued up – We have a number of articles and videos you can read and watch to give you further advice and information.
On the chance you haven’t quite met your offers or you’ve declined them, you’ll need to go through the Clearing process to find the right university degree for you. You’ll need to be fairly quick off the mark on results day in contacting various institutions to gain a place on your chosen course. Some institutions though have places available a number of days after result are released.
There are a few things you should do to prepare for making that phone call during Clearing. One, to make the process as smooth as possible for you and the institution you’re speaking to, and two, just to take away a little bit of the stress you’ll be feeling. To make it easier for you on results day, we advise having most of this ready and researched.
- Personal statement – Go through your personal statement and highlight the parts you feel showcase you and your academic abilities the best. Remember, you’ll be selling yourself to potential institutions.
- Notebook – It’s old school, but you’ll need to make notes throughout all of your calls. It’s easy to forget vital information when you’re consuming so much of it in a short space of time. Remember to take the contact details of the people you speak to, also.
- Clearing number – Have it ready. You’ll find this number on your UCAS Track page and you’ll need to give it to each institution you phone. Be warned, some won’t speak to you without your Clearing number.
- Why here? – Make notes of why you’ve chosen specific courses and institutions. They’ll want to know why you’ve picked them ahead of others.
- Questions – Prepare questions about your chosen course and the institution. Write them down so you don’t forget, and prepare a subsidiary question too. This shows you are genuinely interested and it’s better for you to have all your questions answered to make an informed decision.
- Exam results – As well as giving your results, you should be prepared to answer questions on the reasons you didn’t hit your predicted grades.
UCFB Clearing hotline 03330161244
UCFB Clearing hotline opening hours+
Call us on 03330161244
Weekdays until 16th August : 9am – 5pm
Thursday 16th August : 7am – 9pm
Friday 17th August : 7am – 8pm
Saturday 18th August : 10am – 4pm
Sunday 19th August : 10am – 4pm
Monday 20th August : 8am – 6pm
Tuesday 21st August : 8am – 6pm
Wednesday 22nd August : 8am – 6pm
Thursday 23rd August : 8am – 6pm
Friday 24th August : 8am – 6pm
Saturday 25th August : 10am – 4pm
Sunday 26th August : 10am – 4pm
Monday 27th August (Bank Holiday) : Closed
Tuesday 28th August : 8am – 6pm
Wednesday 29th August : 8am – 6pm
Thursday 30th August : 8am – 6pm
Friday 31st August : 8am – 6pm