Preparing your documents and application
You can apply for your Tier 4 visa three months before the start of your degree programme. The sooner you apply for your visa; the more chance you will receive your visa in good time to arrive in the UK for the start of your course.
Your financial evidence has already been checked, so it is essential you send the same financial documents to the UKVI with your application.
As well as financial evidence you will need to submit the qualifications that are stated on your CAS. Both your highest qualification and your English qualification.
You will need the following to make a Tier 4 visa application:
• Complete the online application form (check VFS Global for local information and remember to print off the completed form after payment);
• Appropriate fee for visa application (£328 per applicant or the equivalent in local currency);
• CAS – you are not required to submit a hard copy CAS but if asked by a Visa Application Centre a print-out of your CAS statement which contains your CAS number should suffice;
• Passport(s) – current passport, and previous passports if you have used them to travel to the UK;
• Two passport photos (refer to the Home Office photo guidance – remember it must have been taken in the last month);
• Financial evidence that has been checked
• Your academic qualification (as specified in the ‘evidence used to obtain offer’ section of your CAS);
• Certificate of English language qualification (if specified in the ‘evidence used to obtain offer’ section of your CAS);
• TB Certificate (only for certain nationalities);
• Police Registration Certificate (if you have previously studied in the UK and are required to register with the police as a visa condition for that period of study).
If any of your documents are not in English, an English translation must be provided alongside the original document in its original language with your visa application. It must be a professional translation.